Is it possible to experience a mental health challenge and be effective and succeed at work?
Many wonder if it is indeed possible for a person living with a mental health challenge to work effectively, accomplish goals, reconnect with self and others, and recapture meaning and purpose in life.
Peer Support for Professionals builds local community and connections among working professionals who have experience with a mental health challenge.
We meet once a week for two hours. Your facilitator has been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, is a trained executive coach, adult learning professional, and peer support specialist and is successful in managing the complexities of professional and personal life. This group supports each of us to balance the circumstances that cause stress and anxiety while remaining mentally stable and effective. We will share valuable information, tools, techniques and strategies all in service of unleashing our mental wellness in our professional and personal lives.
- Defining work wellness and life wellness; can it be balanced and work effectively?
- Self-awareness and your capacity to influence and impact others.
- Support structures for ongoing mental stability for high performance and consistent results.
- Addressing professional and personal stress and anxiety at the source by aligning your life with your core values and setting boundaries.
Come and learn more about living a professionally and personally effective life with mental health challenges!
- Start Date: Wednesday Sept 10th, 2014 at 6:30 pm sharp
- Location: Queen Street East and Church, Toronto
- Cost: $249.00 + HST based on 8 interactive sessions
This program is for:
- Anyone who is experiencing a mental health challenge and is currently working.
- Improve confidence and increase facility with work and life wellness strategies.
- Gain self awareness and increase capacity to impact and influence others.
- Identify gaps in the support around you and implement structures to empower your success.
- Challenge beliefs and thinking that are holding you back.
- Network with others in similar situations and share best practices.
- Understand your rights regarding return to work and accommodation in the workplace.
The program is designed to support you over the eight weeks to achieve a goal you have wanted to succeed at and provide you with a number of tools to empower you even at the most stressful times. We will share best practices with each other and learn which strategies work best for us. This is the first of its kind so the small group of 5-10 participants will benefit from a personalized approach.
We have a great line up of topics, speakers, tools and strategies for high performance in the workplace including a Food and Mental Health Specialist and Personal Chef, as well as a Mental Health in the Workplace Specialist.
Connect with me to see if this program and group is a good fit for you at email@example.com
We use a couple of questions to screen people for this group – we are looking to create a safe and private group where people can speak openly about their mental health and not be concerned about their employer or anyone else finding out. Please respect this as workplace mental health stigma is the number #1 reason people don’t get the support they need. The location will be disclosed once questions are answered.